I'm no expert on fungi, spores and mould (where's that bloke from Ghostbusters when you need him) - all I know is there's a strange smell in my garage not unlike mushrooms.I do remember when I researched wood seasoning - it suggested not storing "green" wood, i.e. wet wood, in a garage - I poo-pooed it at the time.
So with Alanis Morrisseette's "it's the good advice that you just didn't take" ringing in my ears I start the slow process of taking all the wood out of the garage and stacking it on my patio. Apparently (after google research) the damp wood, still air and relative darkness of my garage is the ideal environment for mould growth.
Even my prize dartboard has taken a mould hit, at least I have an excuse for missing the treble 20 now.
A note on mould: it stains your wood - as is clearly demonstrated on my blog header. The wood on the left is "a la garage", the wood on the right has always lived a free range (outside) life.
ReplyDelete