Saturday, 14 February 2009

The mother-of-all wood shacks

Another month another wood-shack-cum-shelf structure thing.

I've created a bigger version and started to fill it up with logs. I'm trying to make these logs bigger with a view in mind that I can use the smaller stuff to start the fire and get the room hot and then I can sling on a big log to burn slowly and more coolly and thus just keep the temperature nice for a whole evening.

I'm unsure how many wood/logs I'll need for a late autumn/winter/early spring season. I don't want to be rationing them and I don't want to run out in the middle of a cold snap. Therefore I'm going with the theory that too much is better than too little - it's not like wood goes off or anything is it?

Once this latest wood-shack is filled up, I'll be making the mother-of-all-wood-shacks and filling that as well.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT are you going to get a hous made of wood
    HA!

    ReplyDelete