Saturday, 21 February 2009

Skulduggery not so pleasant

New developments at my local wood source. The council have been back with the chainsaw and cut back the massive stump of a tree and kindly left some huge chunks of wood. This seems to have sent out a message to the wood collecting community and every man and his dog (they always seems to have dogs) are there collecting bits.
I myself popped along and grabbed as much as I could carry, had a brief chat with numerous others who were helping themselves from the pile. Actually overdid it on one load and as I bent over to put on my backpack a big log popped out the top, banged me on the head and rolled off - and what was worse was that a dog walker saw me do it and rushed over to check if I was alright. "Yes" I said. "Head fine, coolness in tatters" I thought.

And from what I've heard /seen there's been some skulduggery going on - not only pure muscle and backpacks (i.e. me) have been involved - yesterday I saw a man with a wheelbarrow (sullen fellow) and I've heard that someone came down with a horse. A horse!!! Now that is CHEATING!!

1 comment:

  1. HA! HA! HA! good old skulduggery pleasant

    ReplyDelete