Monday, 16 February 2009

Opportunity missed

There was a tree in a park near my work place that had been blown down recently. It was lying there ready to be sawn up and carted away. I thought I'd get around to it at some point in the future, but no - when I walked past today the council have kindly chipped it for me. D'oh. Never mind there will be other trees, won't there?

It's a question which I'm not too sure about -all the wood I have harvested has come from a particular patch and I'm wondering where I will find other stuff when this lot is used up. I've a good feeling that I'll be able to manage, but what if I can't and I end up having to buy wood?

With my ethos being that I'd be getting free heat - buying wood goes against the grain (if you'll excuse the pun).

No comments:

Post a Comment