"Looks like we have the same idea?" I commented to a man with a log over his shoulder.I was heading back to the car with a full backpack and carrying a log in my hands.
"Yep", he retorted. "Got a log burner at home, this will keep me and the wife warm for a few nights". He continued to tell me all about his heating situation at home, i.e. gas central heating for normal heating, log burner when the heating had gone off and the living room started to chill later in the night. This was the same approach that I was going to take. I liked his candidness and ease talking to me, obviously the common bond of log collecting broke down the normal barriers of English aloofness - either that or he was a wood collecting madman who felt he had to share the experience with others (err... ahem).
He continued: "This is better than going to the gym you know, I gotta carry this heavy thing home, then I gotta spend time sawing it, and then chopping it. Good exercise - you won't catch me at the gym, no need to go." - I had to agree.
No comments:
Post a Comment