Saturday, 15 November 2008

The spark!

Maybe it was always there. A coal fire from my youth? TV shows with inglenook fireplaces? The smell of chimney smoke whilst walking home on a cold winter's evening?

All I knew was that I wanted a real fire at some point in my future life and all I needed was a trigger, a spark, a situation that would start the ball rolling (or should that be fire roaring)...

It would be a tree that showed the way, not a real tree, an imitation light up Christmas tree that didn't work. As the day was pleasant we walked the offending tree back to the store and on a detour on the way home we wandered through some woods and stumbled upon a massive tree (a real one this time) that had been recently felled - hey presto! - my first lot of firewood.

No comments:

Post a Comment