My house is equipped with a chimney which had at some point in the past been an open fire (it was now a very ordinary gas fire). Could I reinstate an open fire and burn logs on it? Questions, questions, hmmm...Time for me to see where all that council tax goes.
I rang the help line and asked to be directed to someone who could advise on the legalities of me belching wood fumes out for 3 months of the year. I was put through to a friendly chap who listened intently to my query ("Can I burn wood?"), took my address and went off to check. Seconds ticked past. A bead of sweat trickled down. Would all my dreams be turned to ash, even before I could start turning things to ash myself. Would those big logs sit endlessly in the garage, dust covered and laughing at me...
"Yes" he said. I could have kissed him. "No restrictions at that address, you can burn coal, wood, etc.".
Woo-Hoo. Game on.
No comments:
Post a Comment