"I didn't think you'd really do it?!" was a surprised expression as I set off towards the woods the next day, armed with stout walking boots, scruffy clothes and a backpack. Mission "wood seeking" was in operation.The wood surgeons had been kind to me, there was various lengths and thickness of wood cut, from thick branches to huge chunks that had been cut out of the main part of the tree. I had no saw/axe and so I figured that the best wood to get would be the largest pieces that would fit neatly in my backpack and these consisted of huge logs nearly 3 foot in length and as thick as a big dinner plate. I could only fit one each in my backpack at a time and the effort nearly killed me as I carried each back to the car. Luckily I had my willing assistant (poor son roped in) to help out, him and an array of kids ("HEY MISTA! WANT SOME HELP!") who helped with some of the haul.
Job done.
No comments:
Post a Comment